Now that the main body is done, the next step is the arms. Now I know exactly how they have to fit into the frame, because I designed the fitting earlier, and the female part of this is already built into the frame centre.
The first problem I noticed is that the radius of the propellers I’ll be using is about 130mm – the same as the length I had set between the body and the motor centre. The frame is angled so that motors this distance from the frame will be equidistant, but I obviously need some clearance between the propellers and the frame, and so I have regretfully extended the arm length to 160mm to allow for this.(continued)